b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:19:49 +0100

On 11/04/2007 06:26, Shoshanna Walker wrote:
OK, Steve, then we will just have to agree to disagree.

Please quote to me where in the NT, G-d is directly speaking, or says He is directly speaking.

Since you ask, Shoshanna, and since Steve has not yet answered, see for example Mark 1:11 (Matthew 3:17, Luke 3:22): "A voice came from heaven, 'You are my beloved Son, with you I am well pleased'", words addressed to Jesus at his baptism. And then, at the Transfiguration, Mark 9:7 (Matthew 17:5, Luke 9:35, 2 Peter 1:17): "A voice came out of the cloud, 'This is my beloved Son; listen to him.'" With these words God attested Jesus' teaching and commanded people to follow it. This is not the only attestation of it, but maybe it is the kind which would convince you.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org