b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:26:07 -0500

Dear David,
Actually, the Jeremiah passage you cite does not say "new: but it says b'rit chadashah (renewed covenant). If you want a concise explanation (excerpt below) of the eternal covenant go to http://www.revelations.org.za/Eternal_Life.htm and it quickly do that, Harold. I know your questions/commentary is sincere and so I only hope to respond true to my own understanding which is still developing.

HH: The text does not say "eternal covenant;" it says "new covenant." The Hebrew word means "new," as any lexicon will tell you." Here are the words listed in the HAL lexicon under the word:

new, fresh , not yet existing; a new song; new things; bride, newly married
woman;
the newly married man); meal-offering of fresh cereals : fresh fruits;
new gods (alt. a new god, text ?)
newcomers

Yours,
Harold Holmyard