b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] New or Renewed in Jeremiah 31:31?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Gary Hedrick" <garyh AT cjfm.org>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] New or Renewed in Jeremiah 31:31?
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 11:16:59 -0500

Isaac, I was curious so I did a little research this a.m. and found
some of these names on an online "Nazarene" Yahoo discussion group.
Evidently, they consider themselves a sect of Judaism rather than
Jewish-Christian. And as you point out, they have some creative ways of
expressing the Hebrew. It looks like some of them are non-Jewish people who
have assumed Hebrew names and "converted" to Nazarene Judaism, so probably
most of them don't even speak Hebrew, although they are apparently quite
adept in the use of a Strong's Concordance.
This is all very entertaining and I wish I had more time to look
into it, but you can find more info at www.nazarene.net. Or you can go to
unfortunate chap who keeps telling the faithful that his house is about to
be repossessed and they should send him money quickly via PayPal.
You guys can take it from here, if you're interested. At least now
we know why they have so much invested in converting the "new covenant" of
Jer. 31:31 to a "renewed covenant."

Gary Hedrick
San Antonio, Texas USA