b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] New or Renewed in Jeremiah 31:31?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davidfentonism AT aim.com
  • To: kwrandolph AT gmail.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] New or Renewed in Jeremiah 31:31?
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 00:40:20 -0400

Usually H2319 is translated for “new”. And H2318 is used for “renew”. At
least, it is done so by the King James translators. Interestingly, H2318,
H2319, H2320, H2321 are all using the same Hebrew letters. H2320 is used for
“new moon” (chodesh). And the sighting of the new moon isn’t really “new”, it
is more a “renewed”, monthly thing.
David F.
Gal. 27-29: For as many as have had a tevilah into Moshiach have clothed
yourselves with Moshiach. There is not Yehudi nor Yevani (Greek), there is
not eved (servant) nor ben chorin (freedman), there is not zachar (male) nor
nekevah (female), for you are all echad in Moshiach Yehoshua/Yeshua. And, if
you belong to Moshiach (YESHAYAH 53:10), then you are of the ZERAH of Avraham
Avinu, you are yoreshim (heirs) according to the havtachah (promise).