b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:11:13 -0800

Dear Yitzhak,

I have been reading the discussion of Haggai 2. It seems that everyone is
getting away from the text in question and we probably should return to it.

Malachi 3:1 uses a different Hebrew word, chapetz, for the idea of "delight,
pleasure" (See TWOT, Volume 1, pages 709-710),
Malachi 3:1, "and YHWH, whom you seek will suddenly come to his temple, the
messenger of the covenant in whom you delight in: behold, he shall come,
saith the YHWH Sebaoth."
chamdath is used in Haggai 2;7, ..."and 'the desire' of all nations shall
come,..."

Now, my question, should we not be looking at the future use of BO
(BETH-ALEPH-HOLEM "come" that is in common with both passages?

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III