b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Gary Hedrick" <garyh AT cjfm.org>
  • To: "B-Hebrew List" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:42:29 -0600

Yitzhak, you could be right. However, the fact that Haggai doesn't
use the Hebrew term "Messiah" is inconsequential. In reality, the term
"messiah" only appears in the English translation of Daniel, and nowhere
else in Tanakh, but that doesn't mean there are no messianic
allusions/references anywhere else (Isaiah, for instance, is replete with
references to Israel's Messianic Hope). Haggai 2 is about the comparison
between the first and second Temples. The glory of the latter will exceed
that of the former, and it will be filled with the glory of YHVH. YHVH
Tsabaot is the speaker here. It is not a stretch to see a connection in
this text between the Beit HaMikdash and haMashiach.
Doesn't rabbinic tradition suggest that these events will occur in
messianic times?

Gary Hedrick
San Antonio, Texas USA