b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Karl Randolph <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:51:26 +0000

On 20/11/2005 04:34, Karl Randolph wrote:

Peter:

You have just given me the words concerning your assertion, namely "without evidence your assertion is valueless."

You have provided no evidence that I nor others can recognize for your assertion, other than some vague personal opinion as to how you think ancient people thought.

Karl, you misunderstood me. I made no assertion. Other people, including later on yourself, made assertions that `olam could mean "indefinite or unknown time". I asked for evidence for these assertions. Some verses were offered, but none of them (unless read through the framework of certain kinds of Christian theology) in fact support the assertion, as I have shown. I have always said that I am open to evidence, whereas others seem to insist on the truth of their assertion without being interested in evidence.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)