b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:34:55 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Awohili AT aol.com

> The King James Version was my first Bible, and the Bible that is imprinted
> on my mind. It's full of archaic English and terms difficult to
> understand.
> Does that make it "bad English"?
>
> Solomon Landers

Yes, it is bad English, by today's standards.

It is the reason I read Tanakh in Hebrew. It was the only
version we had at home other than Hebrew, and I found,
even after only one year of Hebrew classes, that the
Hebrew was easier to understand. Other than a few
verses, I have not read any English version since.