b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:11:54 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Kirk" <peter AT qaya.org>

> .... Also, as this list is for discussion
> of biblical Hebrew and the Hebrew Bible, this cosmology is off
> topic and I will not discuss it here. The cosmology of the Hebrew
> Bible, as far as I can tell, is rather different, considerably less
> explicit, although not contradictroy.

The New Testament cosmology is a legitimate
commentary on Hebrew cosmology:
1) because it was written by first century Jews and reflects
their understanding of Hebrew cosmology
2) it makes the theological claim that it was animated from
the same Spirit that authored Tanakh, thus is makes clear
some aspects of Hebrew that were hinted at in Tanakh.

While you may disagree, you cannot say that such use is
illegitimate. Yours is a personal opinion.

Agree to disagree.

> Right. At least I will continue to believe that this is right until
> someone provides some evidence to the contrary, instead of
> persistent contradiction.

This is your best statement yet on this exchange, namely
an agreement to disagree.