b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 16:52:50 -0500

Peter:

Jeremiah 5:15 refers to a nation M(WLM. But a reading of
Genesis clearly shows that there was a world wide flood
about 1500 years after creation, and from then to the
Tower of Babel an indeterminate time, and the founding of
that nation an indeterminate time after that, so that M(WLM
could be as little as a third of the time from creation to
Jeremiah's time. For you to insist that (WLM goes back to
creation or beyond is ludicrous in this context.

There are many other similar usages in Tanakh for the
past, I don't need to repeat them.

Similarly, (WLM referring to the future does not
necessarily mean "forever" or "eternity", though it may,
depending on context, unless you use "forever" and
"eternity" in a highly idiosyncratic manner.

I'm out of this discussion.

Karl W. Randolph.