b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:14:54 -0500

Peter:

This is where you disagree with not only Rolf, but many
other people on this list.

The root meaning of (WLM is from unknownness, i.e. a
period of time whose length is not known. "Eternity" is a
subset of that understanding.

If you take the New Testament as a continuation of
Tanakh with the same God causing people to write his
expressions using even the exact words God wanted, as
I and others on this list do, then many of the statutes and
laws that are L(WLM are only for a finite period of time.
However, that finite period of time was unknown to the
listeners and the end thereof was kept from them.

As to the question as to how one translates this ...

Karl W. Randolph.