b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Machir and the Exodus ?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Machir and the Exodus ?
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 23:41:40 +0100

On 03/09/2006 18:20, George F. Somsel wrote:

A quick passing thought: if Ephraim was the son of an important Egyptian official during the MB period, perhaps he and his family were sent to settle and form a semi-Egyptian colony at Beth Horon in what became the land of Israel. His daughter was in charge of the settlement while his sons got into trouble with the local Canaanites of Gath. After that
perhaps the settlement was abandoned. This would explain the limited MB evidence at the site as well as the text of Chronicles.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)

________

Peter,

And perhaps Ephraim was ET's brother. C'mon. There's only one person
(?) known in the OT simply as Ephraim. Why all this unsupported
speculation ? Is is not simply to avoid the obvious conclusion?

george
gfsomsel

George, please think before you reply. Yes, there is only one person Ephraim in the Hebrew Bible. Who was his father? What position did his father hold? The only reason I wrote "if" is that the MB dating is perhaps uncertain.

And what, by the way, is the conclusion that you think is obvious?

And now, George, have you cleaned that virus off your system? Or are you continuing to send e-mails from a system which you know to be infected (as you wrote to me off list)? In any case, please desist from sending e-mails to this list or to anyone else until you have cleaned your system and set the system date correctly again. By continuing to send e-mails with spoofed dates you are compromising the integrity of the b-hebrew list and confusing its archives. You are also running the risk that the virus might in fact trigger, although you say that you have changed your system date to avoid this. I have already asked you to do this off list, and am repeating this publicly. If you continue to put the general public at risk in this way I shall have to report you to your ISP.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)