b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Analytical Lexicons.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "George F. Somsel" <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: peterkirk AT qaya.org
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Analytical Lexicons.
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 16:56:44 -0400

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:48:35 +0100 Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
writes:
> On 10/08/2004 19:04, Maurice A. O'Sullivan wrote:

> > What you call the condensed edition of BDB -- other list members
> take
> > note -- is a facsimile edition, and very, very clunky to move
> through.
>

> Are you sure? There is also a condensed (non-facsimile) edition
> which
> originally came with the Online Bible and has been distributed
> elsewhere. This is missing what I find the most useful part of BDB,
> the
> lists of references. There are also theologically motivated changes
> the definitions, at least of `ALMA. This edition is, in my opinion,
>
> worth what it costs, which is nothing.
>

> --
> Peter Kirk

I have the enhanced BDB, the Abridged BDB and the facsimile BDB. You are
absolutely incorrect in your assertion that there is any theologically
motivated change in the abridged edition. It is a faithful, though
shortened version of the original and complete version.

george
gfsomsel