b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Analytical Lexicons.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Analytical Lexicons.
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:54:17 -0500

I don’t use the Online Bible BDB because it is connected with the Strong’s
numbers, which, because they are connected with vowel points with which I too
often disagree, I then find untrustworthy.

While I was learning Hebrew, I used the Davidson’s analytical until it fell
apart and the pages were flying to the four winds. At first I found it
indespensible, but near the end I automatically looked up the root, almost
never finding that I didn’t recognize the form nor root.

What I want is to be able to click on a term in an unpointed text, then have
the different possible roots and meanings come up.

Karl W. Randolph.