b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Analytical Lexicons.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "C. Stirling Bartholomew" <jacksonpollock AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Analytical Lexicons.
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:17:09 -0700

No one so far has said anything about Analytical Lexicons. I know of only
two. One is Davidson (ancient) and the other is Owen (4 vols). I have both
and my copy of Davidson is in mint condition after 15 years of nonuse. Owen
was used frequently up until 1995 when Accordance released the HMT* linked
to BDB. Owen contains references to GKC which come in handy when a
morphological or syntactical conundrum needs to be addressed. I look at it
maybe once or twice a year.

greetings,
Clay Bartholomew

Hebrew Masoretic Text

*Groves-Wheeler Westminster Hebrew Morphology (Release 3.5) ©1991,
1994,1999, 2001 Westminster Theological Seminary, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
USA.
All rights reserved.

Text used by permission of the United Bible Society, based on the
Michigan-Claremont-Westminster machine-readable text. All rights reserved.

Version 3.1