b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew plural

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew plural
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:41:54 +0200

By me. Or, to put it more precisely, I had always been told that the use of
the plural is a form of honorific. I made the connection with the French
"vous" when I first took French, and have been using the comparison ever
since. But I say "partial", because I am aware that that's over-simplifying
the issue.

Yigal