b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Analytical Lexicons.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Maurice A. O'Sullivan" <mauros AT iol.ie>
  • To: Dave Washburn <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Analytical Lexicons.
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:04:46 +0100

At 16:05 10/08/2004, Dave Washburn wrote:

Except for the free condensed edition in Logos' software, I never use it because it's too
time-consuming to figure out where they put this or that word, especially
nouns.

Dave:
It was for those very reasons that an early excursus in:
Seow, C.L``. A Grammar of Biblical Herbrew. Rev. Edn. Nashville: Abingdon, 1995.
is devoted to BDB, its organisation, and how best to use it.

Very helpful, AFAIR -- I just cannot put my hand on it at the moment.

Regards,

P.S
What you call the condensed edition of BDB -- other list members take note -- is a facsimile edition, and very, very clunky to move through.

OTOH, what Logos call their Enhanced edition -- originally produced in 2000, but significantly upgraded to match the Libronix system [ the file is BDB.LBXLLS, date stamped August 14 2003 ] -- sidesteps all your problems by linking directly to any word in any verse.

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros AT iol.ie