b-hebrew - Re: bereshit

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: bereshit
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 01:40:08 +0100

>Ian, you are making me so angry by continuing to contradict yourself and
>accuse me falsely that I am in danger of breaking my keyboard by typing
>so hard. I think I had better drop this thread before I burst too many
>blood vessels.

I have not contradicted myself. I have merely
attempted to get the conversation on track.
TO do so, I was willing to stop talking about
Gen 1:2 until we had dealt with Gen 1:1, for
the former was secondary. Saying that I have
contradicted myself is an easy escape clause
for you not dealing with things.

I have proposed a simple argument to understand
the relationship between br'$yt and the rest of
the verse and discourse. You simply wanted to
talk about something else. Drop your
participation in the subject, if you really
don't want to talk about the significance of
br'$yt.

I don't really understand your behaviour here
at all. I have consistently talked of br'$yt as
the focus of my interest. That is the subject
line. When asked to talk about it you simply
chose not to and attempted to maintain a
conversation about Gen 1:2, which I had said
numerous times was secondary, giving two
possible approaches to it so that you could see
that it wasn't a major concern. I attempted to
get back to what I considered was the subject,
ie br'$yt.

How else am I to interpret your not wanting to
talk about the subject?

What have you got against talking about br'$yt?

Ian