b-hebrew - Re: Conversion of OTA BHS text

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "John Richards" <jhr AT universalist.worldonline.co.uk>
  • To: "Rob Barrett/Almaden/IBM" <barrett AT almaden.ibm.com>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Conversion of OTA BHS text
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 07:56:56 -0000

From: "Rob Barrett/Almaden/IBM" <barrett AT almaden.ibm.com>

> When I encountered the missing-line-break
> problem, I checked the OTA text and indeed found that there were no '?'
> characters present in the problematic lines.

Well done! This is it! I have checked (superficially and quickly) as you
suggest, and the '?' signs do indeed mark the line breaks, and are in
some cases (approx. 50, I estimate) missing. The first and, therefore most
obvious, is after "al-penei" in the second verse.

Now that we have identified the problem, it would be a good idea I think
if someone would take a look at the CCAT version and see whether, for
example, there is a '?' after "penei" in the second verse, or at least in
the
very close proximity.

John Richards