b-hebrew - Re: Conversion of OTA BHS text

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "John Richards" <jhr AT universalist.worldonline.co.uk>
  • To: "Henry Churchyard" <churchh AT usa.net>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Conversion of OTA BHS text
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 20:38:08 -0000

From: "Henry Churchyard" <churchh AT usa.net>
> I cobbled together a quick AWK script to find verses that had more
> than 145 characters estimated to occur between successive "?"
> characters within a verse, and turned up the following:
>

> 244 NEHEMIA 3:15
> 221 1 SAMUEL 25:39
> . . .

Do you mean by this that BOTH cases of the '?" had to occur within the same
verse? That is not enough. Verses often start within a line, so it is a
question of all occurances of '?"s, whether within the same verse or not.
Take the example of the missing '?' within the very second verse of the
whole text.

Your list is a good start though.

John Richards