b-hebrew - Re: Joel 3:5

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lee R. Martin" <lmartin AT vol.com>
  • To: Peter_Kirk AT sil.org, Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Joel 3:5
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 15:21:14 -0500

Dear Peter,
I did notice this, but I discounted it because the most natural parallel
seems to be
the first two part of the verse:
All who call upon the name of the Lord shall be delivered.
In Mt. Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance.
Your observation, however, is well taken and may be the best way to
understand the
verse.

Lee R. Martin