permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future (now!)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future (now!)
  • Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 11:58:38 -0400

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Georg Parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at> wrote:
M.E. writes:

> > That scenario makes real solutions easier to see. More acceptance of the
> need for birth control, and greater redistribution of concentrated wealth.
> Those would be my own starting priorities.
>
> GP writes:

> Correct me if I am wrong, but in my eyes these are not "real solutions",
> but just pipe dreams once again. Or else - how actually DO you start on
> these?

Without birth cntrol the Earth would be overrun with people in numbers well
beyond the carrying capacity of Earth. When that happens and noone is
willing to feed, house and take care of the excess population enter the
fascists and we know what their methods of population control are.

"Greater distribution of concentrated wealth" is easily accomplished with
self-starters, motivated people who take responsibility for their well
being by establishing Mondragon format production cooperatives, intentional
communities with shared basic resources and on and on and on. I have posted
my ideas about this a hundred times in this list, even a special version
for you, Georg, for your community work in Austria. I like the idea of a
services and production networking, marketing and distribution system with
nodes all across a country, connected by the Internet using free, easy to
set up and maintain resources.

LL

--
Lawrence F. London