permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future (now!)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Georg Parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future (now!)
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 19:10:05 +0200

> I think more education is called for but an education of the heart rather
> than the mind.

YESSS!

> ... a stillness that allows one to merge with ones environment and that
> includes fellow humans.

and a stillness that allows the Love/Truth/Divinity that lives deep in our
heart of hearts to emerge, or rather a stillness that allows us to hear that
Love’s gentle voice. We keep forgeting that we are part of Nature with a
capital N, and as Deep Ecology teaches us, Nature acts through us in spite of
us beliving in this or not, in spite of us feeling 'connected' or not.

> The invisible should begin with ethics because that should be the root of
> our economic, legal, and social systems. When I say that I mean ethics
> that have replaced "Care" with "Love". Not the love that "requires an
> other but the love that pours from ones inner being in response to the
> suffering of our total biosphere. Buddha taught compassion, Jesus Christ
> taught love I think they were talking about the same phenomena.

again a heartfelt YES. Btw, this is the reason why I have mixed feelings
about Sepp Holzer and some others being are viewed as permaculture flagships
- they are doing great with (some) nuts and bolts, but are about as far from
Love, share and care as a civilized westener can get without getting into
cobflict with the law.

>> They perturb it from its natural course. Their aim is to control it-- to
>> scrape it clean, grade it level and pave it over-- so it can be used.
>> So my question is-- what to do about them?

basically there is nothing wrong with using the environs - "everything
gardens", remember? Problems arise, if it is used in a way that is not
sustainable. But the problem is the solution - something that is not
sustainable is not going to last, by definition :-) So I would advise to do
nothing "about them" at all. Let’s rather follow our hearts in the here and
now, building and living the life our hearts are desiring - an integrated,
natural and sustainable lifestyle. This way we are building the future
without thinking too much of the future. When we talk about Love as part of
the pc ethics, let’s remember that Love is not possible without trust. Fear
and Love somehow do not mix.

Georg