permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future (now!)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Linda Shewan <linda_shewan@yahoo.com.au>
  • To: "permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future (now!)
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 00:36:46 +0000 (UTC)

Wow, I am so encouraged to see love become a central coreto what we are
trying to achieve with permaculture.

In this light I feel the 'obtain a yield' principle is often looked at too
narrowly. Ifwe create food, fibre, medicine etc but without heart then what
is the yieldexactly? If my soul is not at peace (for example, because I have
made adecision based on science that may have reduced costs or increased
output but doesn't resonatewith my core being, with my heart) then all the
output in the world will notassuage that. For me, my actions need to be 100%
connected with my heart, forothers I do understand it is not so critical and
I also understand thepressures to create output for $ so I am not being
judgemental here, it's justthe way it is for me to be able to live at peace.

Fear and love do not mix because without fear therereally is only love left.
Fear make us not trust, it makes us angry and itmakes us sad. For example
when we are fearful that some people are destroyingpermaculture and we want
their influence removed we are inciting anger andcreating a lack of trust. In
some way we are perhaps also attempting to reducethe edge in the system which
is the area where the greatest dynamic lies. So weneed to trust that some
bugs in any system are a natural phenomenon and that wedo not need to attack
them but allow natural processes to take their course.Those that should will
outgrow these influences and others won't.

Thank you all for your inspiration, Linda