permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture fiction

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Waldron <woodydebris@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture fiction
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 13:30:44 -0700

This is a fascinating topic! There are two books that inspired me early on
in life, to take the earthly path in life, both written by the same author,
Malcom Margolin.

"The Ohlone Way", this book shows, rather than tells in vivid imagery the
lifestyle of the San Francisco Bay Area's early people

http://books.google.com/books/about/The_Ohlone_way.html?id=vapzCy2oVQoC

and

"The Way We Lived"

two great, very readable, stylized books about native roots lifestyles in
Pre-Columbian California.

I am also currently enjoying "A Different Kind of Luxury" by Andy
Courturier, a collection of short vignettes about back-to-the-land Japanese
artists and radicals.

http://adifferentkindofluxury.blogspot.com/

None of these book selections are "fiction" per se but the land-based
lifestyles they portray might as well seem fictional as compared to how most
moderns live.

peace,
Steve Waldron