permaculture - [permaculture] permaculture fiction

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk" <wenshidi@yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] permaculture fiction
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:41:29 +0100 (BST)

As an avid fan of science fiction and fantasy, I was wondering if there is
any permaculture based writing out there.  I know that there is a lot of
dystopian stuff, but I am curious to know if any writers have picked up on
the sustainability thread and started to run with it yet?
I was thinking maybe some druidic high fantasy, maybe with a Bill Mollison
Type figure as the Arch Druid, or perhaps some off world colonisation when
all the permaculture principles are put into place right from the get go.
Has anybody seen anything like this yet, or am I just going to have to write
my own?

Chris