permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Right Stuff: becoming a PDC instructor

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Neil Bertrando <neilbertrando@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Right Stuff: becoming a PDC instructor
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:51:25 -0700

HI Steve,

You might try teaching short workshops focused on specific permaculture
topics. From 1-2 hours to 1-2 days is a good range to start with and work
with for a few rounds of design, implement, assess, re-design. Depending on
your preferred process, you can start by offering a 1-2 hour class for free
to get practice and feedback then build up from there. IMO, One of the best
ways to learn is by teaching. Start somewhere within or near the edge of
your comfort zone and build on those experiences. also, as Jason mentioned,
partnerships and mentorships with other experienced teachers and
practitioners are a great option. (start small and build on success)

cheers,
Neil