permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture fiction

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture fiction
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 20:39:26 +0100

I am sure I have read stories that had permaculture or sustainability aspects. I don't think there are many exclusively about this.
Do not forget that less than ten years ago it was completely impossible to mention possible collapse in polite society.
john

As an avid fan of science fiction and fantasy, I was wondering if there is any permaculture based writing out there. I know that there is a lot of dystopian stuff, but I am curious to know if any writers have picked up on the sustainability thread and started to run with it yet?
I was thinking maybe some druidic high fantasy, maybe with a Bill Mollison Type figure as the Arch Druid, or perhaps some off world colonisation when all the permaculture principles are put into place right from the get go.
Has anybody seen anything like this yet, or am I just going to have to write my own?

Chris