msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Improving MSAR Part 1

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "David C. Kovar" <kovar@1srg.org>
  • To: MSAR Riders <MSAR-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Improving MSAR Part 1
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:56:03 -0400

[Edited to delete extraneous HTML quoted with original message. -Una]

Good afternoon,

I was in Utah this past Saturday speaking with Garrett's family and the
Summit County Sheriff's Office SAR team. I'm rather curious why you use this
case to suggest that MSAR needs to be improved. They've been using both
mules and horses quite effectively.

It isn't my place to share details of the search or search planning.
However, I came away with the impression that both the family, using
untrained volunteers, and the Sheriff's Office using their SAR team were
doing an excellent job.

-David