msar-riders - [MSAR] 9th Annual Training Conference Mounted Patrol Training

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Deb8562@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] 9th Annual Training Conference Mounted Patrol Training
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 11:50:11 -0400

[This was stuck in the queue among spam; sorry for the delay in
getting it out. This is a text rendition of the HTML portion of
the original e-mail. -Una]

Attention all Chiefs, Sheriffs, & Training Officers

Lost time from injuries is money wasted, injuries result from poor
training, or non training, is money wasted, and it puts a strain on
everyone's budget. Ten years ago Officers were not facing the violent
criminals they are now, and it's expected to increase with the
escalating number of drug users. Search's for children, elderly, and
escapees, were rare and not often in an Officers career.

Please review the following information about our 9th training annual
conference held in Waco every year.

Four areas are as follows:

1.Mounted Patrol for Officers, and LECAMP Units (Law Enforcement
Civilian Assisted Mounted Patrol & Mounted SAR Teams (Search and
rescue): Tactical arrest procedures from horseback, crowd control,
vehicle extraction. We have the only eight thousand-pound obstacle
course ever built in the United States for horses. Along with an
impressive arsenal of various bombs and fireworks used in this
training. Taught by the best-mounted Officers in the state.

2.Hand to Hand Training: Using a combination of martial arts, that the
average non steroid using normal Officer, could learn in 16 hours to
protect himself from injury, and effectively do his job with less time
off from and still be camera friendly for the court room.

3. Man tracking for search &rescue, felony search's, elderly searches:
Effective search's versus body recovery. If you have any search that
wasn't effective we strongly advise you send Officers to learn this
forgotten art by the best in the state.

4.Wilderness Medicine for search & rescue teams and Officers in the
field: Who is usually first on the scene? This is the reason more
depts. are receiving medical training for their Officers, the life
saved could be one of your men, or your elderly parent, as Officers
usually arrive first on an accident scene, or trauma scene.

All units that join our organization will share our data base of
information on, how to get corporate grants, SOPs, blueprints for
course building for horses, hand books written by us on every aspect
of horse training for the mounted police horse, desensitization etc.

9th Annual Training Conference Mounted Patrol Training
The United Mounted Peace Officers of Texas, along with The Sheriffs
Association of Texas, The McLennan County Community College, &
Bowie County Sheriffs Mounted Unit are announcing their 9th annual
Mounted/ Competition. Membership required for this class. Total Cost
for Mounted only $235.00. for members,includes stall fees for the four
days plus all hand outs out and manuals If you wish to take
Mantracking add $30.00 for stall fess for extra two days. This
training is 40 TCLEOSE training hours, Novemember 4th thru the 7th.
.All TCLEOSE is covered by the Sheriffs Association of Texas and CE
hours will be covered by McClennan County Community College. Training
includes use of eight thousand pounds of obstacle course equipment,
round pen thinking, training all basics from the ground, Tactical
Mounted Patrol procedures, crowd control, trailer loading quietly,
vehicle extracation, bombs, and fireworks,. How to re-train problem
horses. Skeletal, nutritional diagramming, anatomy, eyesight, &
chiropractic understanding are just some of the many areas covered.
This is TUMPOT'S 9th annual state conference. For more information and
payment by credit card go to www.tumpot.org. For email registration
forms, depts. and individuals can email to umpoot@lcii.net, or
ladytapper@cableone.net. For phone information call, 903-857-2403.
Class schedule will be posted on the web page, also equipment needs to
take part. Eight instructors including new staff will be teaching this
school. This training is open to law enforcement, reserve officers, &
LECAMP (law enforcement civilian assisted mounted Patrol (Posse's),
wishing to take a constructive role as an asset to their local law
enforcement.

9th Annual Training Man tracking Training
The United Mounted Peace Officers of Texas, along with The Sheriffs
Association of Texas, the McLennan County Community College, & Bowie
County Sheriffs Mounted Unit are announcing the 9th annual training
conference. Man tracking Training will be offered at the 9th annual
training conference in Waco by the TUMPOT. This class is a two day
class with 20 TCLEOSE hours being offered Novmember 2nd and the 3rd,
2004.YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A TUMPOT MEMBER TO TAKE THIS CLASS NOR DO
YOU HAVE TO JOIN TO TAKE THIS CLASS TOTAL COST IS $39.00.
Materials written for TUMPOT, and notes straight from the Border
Patrol handbook. Will be part of the written course curriculum
Instructors are senior tracking Agent Alex Hernandez, An effective
search with a rescue or a body recovery is determined by the level of
training any dept. has taken advantage of. If you want qualified man
tracking as part of your unit, whether it is on foot or on horseback,
then you need to send Officers, jailers, search and rescue personnel
to this training. The two day seminar, developed and taught by the
only professional trackers who make their living tracking every day,
Dogs only have a 40 percent success rate according to the United
States Border patrol training information training handouts, compared
to men who can track from 500 feet up in a helicopter.
If you would like for your next search to be successful one versus a
body recovery then you need to have your dept. send at least two
potential trackers. We have taught civilians, professional people,
game wardens, Officers, and Posse members how to track with these
instructors. Method, tested and proven effective by Search and Rescue
Teams and Law Enforcement Agencies in searches for lost victims and in
pursuit of felons. Used as a technique to track people lost in
suburban, rural, and wilderness areas it is especially effective in
finding lost children who hide from searchers out of fear. Look on the
web page for list of material needed www.tumpot.org for more
information and forms go to www.tumpot.org email contacts for forms
are umpoot@lcii.net or Ladytapper@cableone.net.
Phone number 903-857-2403.
9th ANNUAL STATE CONFERENCE Dynamic Aggressive Defense System The
United Mounted Peace Officers of Texas, along with The Sheriffs
Association of Texas, the McLennan County Community College, and Bowie
County Sheriffs Dept. are announcing TUMPOT'S 9th annual training
conference. Close quarter defense system that is camera friendly for
all areas of law enforcement. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A MEMBER TO TAKE
THIS CLASS NOR ARE YOUR EQUIRED TO JOIN TO TAKE THIS CLASS. TOTAL
COST $39.00
DAD=DYNAMIC AGGRESSIVE DEFENSE= Close Quarter Combat will be taught by
Texas D.P.S. Senior Trooper Rex Akin. Nov. 6th thru the 7th 2004 in
Waco. The 16 hour class will include defending oneself in close and
tight quarters, street fighting, grappling, and how to look good on
camera while defending yourself. There will be facts presented to
dispel myths of different holds, takedowns, and come along. The class
is physically demanding but strength is not required.
An attitude will be issued during this class! Some of theses
techniques have been taught to the DPS Academy graduates by this
Officer/Trainer. Lost time due to un-necessary injuries from not
having good hand to hand skills by an Officer, for effective handling
of take downs, handcuffing, etc. ( with the Officer always having the
upper edge not from size but training) is a must in today's society of
diverse suspects. If you would like to see less injuries in your
dept., from arrest and take downs, then this class is a must for your
Officers. Take from some one who has spent their life training in hand
to hand everyday, in order to be the best instructor in this important
SKILL every Officer needs. Officer Akin has taken classes from Tony
Bluer, the crème de le crème world trainer for hand to hand, who has
trained the Navy Seals
Look on the web page for list of material needed www.tumpot.org for
more information and forms go to www.tumpot.org . Email contact
information to umpoot@lcii.net or ladytapper@cableone.net or Phone
903-857-2403

Why we do what we do:
TUMPOT saw this need for better training in four areas eight years
ago, and set about finding the best in each area that a deficit
existed in training, and established collaborative efforts with the
very best professional in each field. We then drew up contractual
agreements, and set about changing this error quietly in our corner of
the world, Texas.

Who TUMPOT is:
TUMPOT's governing board is made of eleven directors who are entirely
volunteer's of Peace Officers from Depts. all over Texas and business
people. We do what we do, strictly for the betterment of assisting law
enforcement in these four areas, not for money. No other entity in
Texas does what we do as a non-profit, nor has the staff of experts we
do. If we had to pay every trainers benefits package, we couldn't
either. That's what makes us so unique and able to offer what we do at
a price you can afford.

TUMPOT's Goal:
Our goal is to bring the best of training in four areas to all depts.
in Texas at a minimal cost. If we can train your Officers, Posse
members, Probation Officers, Search & Rescue Teams at a cost that your
people can afford, if they need to pay from their pockets. If one life
is saved by this training, then we have accomplished our mission.

  • [MSAR] 9th Annual Training Conference Mounted Patrol Training, Deb8562, 10/16/2004