msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Improving MSAR Part 1

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Terry Nowacki" <wwfarm@wiktel.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Improving MSAR Part 1
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:58:34 -0700

Good Afternoon All
I am not sure why the below message has surfaced for a SECOND time. I
already answered it once, but no matter, I will answer it again, just incase
by first response to this message did not go though to all members of this
list.
I used the Garrett Search just as an example.
As a matter of fact I stated that I was referring to head lines LIKE the
Garrett Search. I CERTAINLY DID NOT mean to be referring to that one
particular search.
I would assume the searchers on the Garrett Search did a GREAT job. I have
no reason to believe other wise
I was using this current ongoing search to make a general point.
I believe ALL SAR in general needs to be improved. ESPECIALLY if it was a
unproductive extended search.
Every SAR team that has been involved in a unproductive search would be
spending their time very worth while if they asked themselves if the out
come of the search would have been different if they could have covered more
ground, more quickly, more thoroughly and more efficiently?
The training methods that I mentioned in Improving MSAR could accomplish
this goal.

TER