msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Improving MSAR Part 1

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "David C. Kovar" <kovar@1srg.org>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Improving MSAR Part 1
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:49:52 -0700

Greetings,

Please understand that I am not disagreeing with your premise. I am simply
objecting to Terry using a very current, ongoing, search effort as a
platform for making their case when they have no knowledge of what has or
hasn't been done as part of the effort.

The family has been organizing volunteer search efforts every single weekend
since Garrett went missing. If you want to see first hand how things are run
and help find Garrett as well, go volunteer your time. This is what I did.

If you want to make a case for improving MSAR standards and utilization,
please do so using some other example. Or at least go find out what is going
on before using Garrett's case for promoting your cause. You might find that
it is a situation where MSAR resources are being well used and could be used
as an example of doing things right rather than as an example of
underperformance.

I'd also suggest making a distinction between promoting enhanced standards
and utilization and promoting a particular technique and instructor. Jorene
is making a point for the former while Terry appears to be promoting his own
clinics.

-David