msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Improving MSAR Part 1

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "David C. Kovar" <kovar@1srg.org>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Improving MSAR Part 1
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:50:15 -0700

Good afternoon,

I'm rather curious why you use this case to suggest that MSAR needs to be
improved. I was in Utah this past Saturday speaking with Garrett's family
and the Summit County Sheriff's Office SAR team. They've been using both
mules and horses quite effectively.

It isn't my place to share details of the search or search planning.
However, I came away with the impression that both the family - using
untrained volunteers - and the Sheriff's Office - using their SAR team -
were doing an excellent job.

-David