msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Re: tracking

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Lois Guyon <laguyon@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Re: tracking
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:35:44 -0800 (PST)

Jorene,

Thanks for the MSAR tracking web-site reference.  It was Jack Kearney's book that got me interested in tracking.  Now all I need is practice, practice, practice.

Here in LaSalle County, Illinois, we have a lot of flat land with open fields.  The timber areas are relatively small compared to the vast areas some of you search out west.  We have a large sky diving school in the county, and the divers drop into places where they are hard to find.  Also, we have heavy airplane traffic and more downed planes than we would like to see.  We have hopes the newly formed MSAR Posse can find these planes and jumpers as well as work on the usual lost persons.  We recognized the need for MSAR training when we had an abducted four year old child. Untrained mounted units were about to go out when the word was received that it was too late.  Had the mounted searchers gone out, there was potential for destroying evidence.  By the way, this horrible crime has not been solved a year later.

Lois Guyon, Member
LaSalle County Sheriff's MSAR Posse
Illinois

Do you Yahoo!?