msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] New Member

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Janet Foster" <janetf@peak.org>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] New Member
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 20:02:42 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Hello Tracy,

My name is Frank Finch, and I'm the outgoing President of the Oregon
Association of Mounted Posses.

The first thing I would do is check around surrounding counties to see if
they have any posses working with there Sheriff's Offices. If so, they will
have a lot of valuable information for you.

If that doesn't work, then start with your Sheriff's Office to get responce
from the Sheriff himself, or her self, which ever the case may be.

In our state the Sheriff's Office is mandated to provide Search and Rescue.
He can, at his discretion use a variety of units, including mounted posses.

Hope this helps!

Frank Finch,
O.A.M.P. Pres.