msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: tracking

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Lois Guyon <laguyon@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: tracking
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 09:49:49 -0800 (PST)

As a new member of the newly forming LaSalle County, Illinois, Sheriff's Posse, I have been working on my own training as well as that of my horse.  This winter's reading has been on tracking.  While sub-zero temperatures have kept me from going out and trying what I have read, I am eager to try tracking in the field. It seems to me that MSAR people can use tracking skills, and I wonder how may of you are trained in tracking and under what conditions you find this training helpful.  I would like to hear about your tracking training, and times when you have used this skill.

Lois Guyon, Member
LaSalle County Sheriff's Posse
Illinois

Do you Yahoo!?