market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farmer's Market Problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <txbeefarmer AT hotpop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farmer's Market Problem
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:13:21 -0600

This is a really good question. We are down to 3 producers who show up regularly and two others that come sporadically. I've been toying with the idea of furnishing the growing area and doing the planting for seriously interested people or groups like the 4H. All they'd have to do is get the seed and fertilizer, tend it, pick it, and sell at the market. Anyone ever tried this approach?

TxBeeFarmer
Mark (West Texas - Zone 7b)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>

<snip>
How do we find people to call? If anyone in the county is raising
vegetables, it hasn't been obvious to me. I was the only one last season
who advertised vegetables for sale in the local papers. There are one or
two small farmstands, and we talked to them and/orleft fliers.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Peasant Farmer
Tioga County, PA