market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farmer's Market Problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farmer's Market Problem
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:05:26 -0500

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:41:07 -0600, you wrote:

>Now this one will raise some eyebrows, but you're talking survival here.
>Get together with the growers and bring in (buy) enough to flush out your
>market. Local is best, but within your state will do. Be truthful. Variety
>is the key, but not exotic. No Himalayan Naky Berries. :) Try not to over
>buy unless it will keep.

Given the present local conditions, I think we might be
forced to do this.

However, it has to be done very carefully.

The existing market has had an awful time getting rid of one
person who buys wholesale and undercuts all the local
growers. They seem to have got rid of him now. We don't
want that kind of situation developing again.

My thanks to all who have answered.

Pat
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism,
since it is the merger of state and corporate power."