market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farmer's Market Problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farmer's Market Problem
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 08:35:33 -0500

From: "Pat Meadows" <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
> The existing market has had an awful time getting rid of one
> person who buys wholesale and undercuts all the local
> growers. They seem to have got rid of him now. We don't
> want that kind of situation developing again.

This guy has now set up at a prime location IN town (the Farmer's Market
is outside of town). When he left the Market, he took much of the business
(and ALL of the walking business) away from the Farmer's Market. He has a
very attractive setup, too...tables heaped high. The Farmer's Market
consists mainly of backyard gardeners with a few extra zucchini to sell.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Cowbridge Farm
Tioga County PA