baslinux - Re: [BL] Flash player

  • From: "h.godavari" <h.godavari AT shaw.ca>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Flash player
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 18:43:42 -0700

Ron Clarke wrote:
Youtube is Google. They have all sorts of stuff written into their web
pages, and a large proportion of it is about getting information about you -
the visitor - and jumping you through hoops while they get it.
The way I get at youtube media gives them very little in the way of
information about me, my browser, my system and so on, becase I do it without
javascript or flash, and I do it in DOS.

Regards,
Ron
Ron:
Could you elaborate on how you oogle google in DOS? What cpu, DOD version etc. I am very curious since I keep at hand, a 486 running DOS (6.22). These days I find that part-way through watching a video, the sound vanishes (AMD 1.1Gm 512mb RAM and Win98SE). I like using my 486 :-)

regards
hg