baslinux - Re: [BL] Flash player

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: "baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Flash player
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 19:47:47 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, Terry Maiden wrote:

I run Opera on BL 3.5. Many of the websites I visit complain that my browser doesn't have the Flash player installed. It is offered for install. Should I install it or is it a waste of time? Does BL 3.5 have all the needed dependancies? Thanks.

I gave up trying to compile gtk2 for BL2 - libraries too old or something.

Flash requires a fairly fast cpu and quite a bit of memory and if your computer has both of those, try another small linux such as Puppy (needs at least 128MB but Pulp version can work in 96MB), Tinycore, Slitaz, etc.