baslinux - Re: [BL] BIOS upgrade

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BIOS upgrade
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:53:32 -0800

Jonathan Stuart Lovelace wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 31 2005, James Miller wrote:
> > On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, sindi keesan wrote:
> >
> > > Will linux (BL) ignore the BIOS here (is the kernel compiled to do so)
> > > and
> > > find the whole drive?
> >
> > Yes. Kernels up to the 2.2.x range can address up to 138 GB, so he should
> > be fine.

I just read on the Linux-Kernel mailing list archive,
<http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0011.1/0056.html>
and it seems to say that 2.2.16 does _not_ permit you to access
32GB if your BIOS/IDE controller cannot. However, the author
of this post provided a patch to fix this. Do you want to build
your own kernel with this patch or should I?

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com