baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:01:11 +1300

russ loroville wrote:

> I have a DefaultColorDepth line in /etc/X11/XF86Config.eg
> but don't know if this should be edited or not.

If you wish, you can edit that line in your /etc/XF86Config.

> I've tried to edit this but it didn't seem to help.

In order to work:
(1) your monitor must be capable of handling that resolution
(2) your video card must be capable of handling that resolution
(3) your Xserver must be capable of handling that resolution
(4) your /etc/XF86Config must have a "Display" Subsection that
specifies that Depth

> I have a "S3 Trio 64" Super-VGA, 1024kb memory,Generic 8-bit
> pseudo-color DAC(RAMDAC) after running SuperProbe.
NAME S3 Trio64 (generic)

CHIPSET S3 Trio64

SERVER S3 <-- /slakware/x1/xs3.tgz
NOCLOCKPROBE

My S3 Trio 64 cards display 16-bit color quite happily. Are
you specifying 8-bit pseudo-color in xf86config. If so, that
perhaps might stop the higher resolutions?