baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 10:18:31 -0500 (EST)

> > I did not see anything called "defaultcolordepth".
>
> -------------------------------------
> Section "Screen"
>
> Driver "Accel"
>
> Device "Primary Card"
>
> Monitor "Primary Monitor"
>
> DefaultColorDepth 16

The DefaultColorDepth line is not there to start with.
Apparently you have to type it in yourself. I checked both
the vga16 configuration file that you set up for us, and the one
that I made for my accel card (S3).

> -------------------------------------
>
> > It took me a long time to even get 256 colors working
> > (and I gave up with one S3 Trio64V+ card).
>
> I have two S3 Trio64V+ cards and they both run very nicely
> using xs3.tgz (please note that's xs3.tgz *not* xs3v.tgz).
>
> Cheers,
> Steven

When I tried with my card and xs3.tgz it would not even start X.
The S3 Virge card worked with svga, at least.

I may try again some day in another computer. S3 seems to be fussy about
its monitors. It won't work with two of ours. I set the monitor
definitions to rather conservative settings, then tried upping them one
number, but that still did not work even on the monitor that does work
with S3. What horiz and vert settings are working with your S3 Trio64V+
cards? The only monitor info I have is for the NCR monitor, which does
not work with S3 video. Would increasing vertical settings damage the
monitor, or only horizontal settings would do that?

I copied over your printer lines exactly and my printer still won't print
graphics. Other than give up, what should I do next? Try a Panasonic
ribbon printer?