sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] broken spells in stable-0.60 (Re: Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: SourceMage Discuss Mailing List <SM-Discuss AT Lists.IBiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] broken spells in stable-0.60 (Re: Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot)
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 14:53:48 -0500

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 08:26:52AM +0200, Thomas Orgis wrote:
> Am Wed, 10 Sep 2014 19:03:42 -0500
> schrieb Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>:
>
> > Yes. These are the linux related items from my activity log from the last
> > rebuild I ran:
> >
> > 20140908:1911(+0000) summon linux 3.0.0 failure download failed
> >

> Could you just do the whole process again (with the downloaded files
> out of the way) to verify that it now works.?

By removing the /var/spool/sorcery/linux-3.0.tar.bz2* files and trying a
cast -c linux I think I finally see what's happening. I still get the above
download failure in the activity log. It tries to download
linux-3.0.tar.bz2.sign from ftp.kernel.org, which gets a no such file error.
Then it tries to get it from www.ag.kernel.org. It appears to get it
successfully, but what it gets is actually an HTML file. That causes the
cast to display a sanity check of linux-3.0.tar.bz2.sign failed error. At
some point during all of the above it writes the download failure error to
the activity log. After the download failure error is written to the
activity log is when it downloads the file from the fall-back mirrors.
After successfully downloading the .sign file from the fall-back mirror and
verifying the download it doesn't write a summon success entry to the
activity log.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.