sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 16:02:39 +0200

I thought it might be a good baseline to try and keep the "current"
basesystem chroot rebuildable:

http://dbg.download.sourcemage.org/image/official/smgl-stable-0.60-basesystem-x86_64.tar.xz

For that, I am sifting through the interwebs to find long-removed
source files. I want to present one prominent example of upstream
reliability breakage: linux itself!

I had to hunt down linux-3.0.tar.bz2.sign on some $random_server as
kernel.org only carries the tar.sign files. Not sure if this relates to
the security breach they had some time ago or ist intentional breakage
of folks like us.

Anyhow: I successfully gathered all needed source files for the stable
0.60 basesystem on my server so that

FALLBACK_URL_MIRROR[0]="http://mirror.sobukus.de/src";

in /etc/sorcery/local/url

should be all that's needed to rebuild from the tarball. I'm trying to
do that now with devel sorcery and -as-needed. After all, that is the
beginning of one probable upgrade procedure for someone sitting on
stable right now. Stuff outside the basesystem still needs hope for
getting the old source files ... I'm trying to fill up the list on my
mirror over time.

Alrighty then,

Thomas