sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] broken spells in stable-0.60 (Re: Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "lynx AT codemages.net" <lynx AT codemages.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] broken spells in stable-0.60 (Re: Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot)
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 07:07:55 +0200

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014 10:29:45 +0200 Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org> wrote
> So it's not totally dirty, but it is still somewhat naive: When the
> Makefile screws up in parallel build, it can always screw up in a way
> that breaks a subsequent attempt.
>
> One way to fix this for now would perhaps be a blacklist for spells in
> sorcery that don't do parallel build. As I said: I really would like to
> be able to rebuild the unchanged stable grimoire with a fresh sorcery.
Doesn't make much sense if it is a spell bug. Since it appears also configure
needs to be run with a single make job, moving the make_single call to the
start of PRE_BUILD should do. Probably also the obsolete way of just setting
MAKE_NJOBS in DETAILS.

LP