sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] broken spells in stable-0.60 (Re: Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: SourceMage Discuss Mailing List <SM-Discuss AT Lists.IBiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] broken spells in stable-0.60 (Re: Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot)
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 10:01:39 -0500

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 10:19:18AM +0200, Thomas Orgis wrote:

> Am Sat, 13 Sep 2014 14:53:48 -0500
> schrieb Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>:
>
> > After successfully downloading the .sign file from the fall-back mirror
> > and
> > verifying the download it doesn't write a summon success entry to the
> > activity log.
>
> So, it basically works as desired;-) Thanks for testing again. Actually
> I think this is one of the smart points of sorcery --- realizing it got
> a dummy HTML page and re-trying to get the proper file.

Well, it almost works as desired. When viewing the activity log the Linux
summon message is misleading. All it shows is a summon download failure
error for Linux. After downloading the missing .sign file from the
fall-back mirror and verifying the source tarball it doesn't write anything
to the activity log to indicate the summon actually succeeded. Should it
even write a download failure error to the activity log before trying the
fall-back mirror? I would think it should wait write either a summon
failure or success message to the activity log after trying the fall-back
mirror.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.