sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] broken spells in stable-0.60 (Re: Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] broken spells in stable-0.60 (Re: Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot)
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 00:01:41 +0200

Am Fri, 19 Sep 2014 07:07:55 +0200
schrieb "lynx AT codemages.net" <lynx AT codemages.net>:

> Doesn't make much sense if it is a spell bug.

OK, I get it that you don't want to start such hacking. New plan:

1. Fix up stuff in stable-0.60 --- erm, I 0.61-20 I mean, I was
confused by the most recent chroot being not with the most recent
grimoire --- in a branch (at least covering the chroot tarball,
possibly also major components like xorg) to build again and release a
stable-0.61-21 when doing the new stable-rc. My point is that one should
be able to rebuild before the major upgrade that is coming without the
headache of version upgrades. That way, we can actually test the
upgrade from a consistent stable-0.61-xy to our new release. If we
can't build stuff in the old ecosystem of versions, we can't test the
upgrade. At least for me, it is usual to have a wild mix of versions of
spells installed, as I don't do regular whole-system upgrades or
rebuilds. This is a nightmare to support for a major upgrade;-)

2. Track down that rebuild issue. Did you follow that? Wget being
triggered by gettext to be cast a second time during rebuild, then
missing the OPTS setting that DEPENDS did in BUILD, causing failure
since wrong SSL option is passed to configure. I'm CCing you on the
most recent post in that thread in case it was lost among the noise
here for you.

> Since it appears also configure
> needs to be run with a single make job, moving the make_single call to the
> start of PRE_BUILD should do.

Wait, what? What configure step? You lost me there.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

PS: Is there a better way to get a specific grimoire version than
manually downloading/extracting a tarball or pulling a tag from git?
I'm thinking about applying repair file stuff.