sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] broken spells in stable-0.60 (Re: Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "lynx AT codemages.net" <lynx AT codemages.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org, Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] broken spells in stable-0.60 (Re: Baseline: Enabling rebuild of stable-0.60 chroot)
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 08:51:30 +0200

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 00:01:41 +0200 Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org> wrote

> Am Fri, 19 Sep 2014 07:07:55 +0200
> schrieb "lynx AT codemages.net" <lynx AT codemages.net>:
>
> > Doesn't make much sense if it is a spell bug.
>
> OK, I get it that you don't want to start such hacking. New plan:
>
> 1. Fix up stuff in stable-0.60 --- erm, I 0.61-20 I mean, I was
> confused by the most recent chroot being not with the most recent
> grimoire --- in a branch (at least covering the chroot tarball,
> possibly also major components like xorg) to build again and release a
> stable-0.61-21 when doing the new stable-rc. My point is that one should
> be able to rebuild before the major upgrade that is coming without the
> headache of version upgrades. That way, we can actually test the
> upgrade from a consistent stable-0.61-xy to our new release. If we
> can't build stuff in the old ecosystem of versions, we can't test the
> upgrade. At least for me, it is usual to have a wild mix of versions of
> spells installed, as I don't do regular whole-system upgrades or
> rebuilds. This is a nightmare to support for a major upgrade;-)
>
> 2. Track down that rebuild issue. Did you follow that? Wget being
> triggered by gettext to be cast a second time during rebuild, then
> missing the OPTS setting that DEPENDS did in BUILD, causing failure
> since wrong SSL option is passed to configure. I'm CCing you on the
> most recent post in that thread in case it was lost among the noise
> here for you.
I saw it and left the mails unread as nothing popped up immediately. Rebuild
forces -c and the fact that two had the same problem likely rules out any
weirdness with uncommitted choices.

> > Since it appears also configure
> > needs to be run with a single make job, moving the make_single call to the
> > start of PRE_BUILD should do.
>
> Wait, what? What configure step? You lost me there.
Wasn't ./configure creating malformed Makefiles? Or some other make target
that
isn't invoked during BUILD? That's why I suggested setting the job number
earlier.

> Alrighty then,
>
> Thomas
>
> PS: Is there a better way to get a specific grimoire version than
> manually downloading/extracting a tarball or pulling a tag from git?
> I'm thinking about applying repair file stuff.
scribe add stable-x from someurlorother

LP